8/04/2005

First Things

Welcome to the first day of an experiment. I hope to maintain a fairly regular journal here. What it will become, I don't really know yet, but I anticipate it will include statements of my opinions and beliefs.

I intend to keep private things private for now, so no names. But here's a little bit about my life:

I'm the father of four beautiful, wonderful children, and am happily married to the love of my life. I learn from her every day, and I'm a better person for her presence. And she never reminds me how lucky I am to have her. Suffice to say, I am richly blessed.

From which you may assume that I am a Christian. I claim Jesus Christ as my savior. There are certain things which that should imply about me, and I struggle to live up to those things. There are other implications which the world attaches to the word Christian. I hope to address those in a future post, but it isn't my intention to make religion or faith the sole focus of this blog.

Thanks for dropping by, and I hope you'll return.